New Zealand - Education System
Education System in New Zealand
New Zealand is an extraordinarily beautiful country to visit and to study in. It is renowned as one of the most scenic countries in the world with students from over 50 countries choosing NZ for their University and English language studies.
Study abroad students are able to combine study and travel, exploring the great outdoors of New Zealand. There are literally hundreds of different activities that can be undertaken throughout the seasons of the year. Students can also combine study and working if you have a Working Holiday Visa.
Students can enroll in a long-term study abroad course and get a world-class degree at one of New Zealand’s highly reputable polytechnics or universities.
New Zealand has had an international reputation as a provider of quality education for quite some time now. NZ offers a safe learning environment that provides excellent study abroad opportunities with high quality support services for overseas students.
There are 7 state-funded universities in NZ and they are all internationally respected for their academic and research standards. In addition to a centrally co-ordinate system of quality assurance audits at both institution and program level, each university undertakes internal quality checks.
There are a range of study options for you to consider in New Zealand.
New Zealand University programs
- Internationally recognized qualifications
- Bachelor Degrees
- Graduate and Post-Graduate Diplomas
- Masters Degrees
- Diplomas and Certificates
- Short Courses (gap year)
- English Language Courses
- Foundation Studies
- Study Abroad
- Student exchange programme
New Zealand Polytechnic & Technical Institutes
- Offer certificate, diploma, degree and post-graduate courses
- Offer vocationally based programmes such as practical trades-based courses and degrees
- Specific training - e.g. trades, nursing, journalism, construction.
- New Zealand Vocational Education Institutes
Specific training in areas such as:
- Travel & Tourism
- Graphic Design
- Dive School
- Sky diving
- Surf school
Other NZ Colleges of Education
- Early childhood education
- Primary and secondary teacher training
- Professional development for teachers
- Adult education and training
- Special needs education
New Zealand Universities have in recent times put a lot of resources into the internationalisation of their universities.