Singapore - Visa Process
All international students who intend to study in Singapore must apply Student VISA pass if he/she has been accepted by an educational institution to pursue full time studies in Singapore.
Student Visa in Singapore is issued by Immigration and Check point Authority, Singapore.
• Forms V 36 and V 16
• Two photographs on matt paper of a specific size
• Acceptance letter from the college
• Birth certificate or notarized affidavit for the date of birth
• School/college certificates and mark sheets
• Employment letter showing duration of work
• Proof of current activity
• Form V 39S to be filled in by the sponsor (college)
• Bank statement of applicant or sponsor (parent) showing about SGD 40,000 for most degree programs. This demonstrates availability of adequate funds to meet the expenses of the student
It takes about three to four weeks for Visa approval to come through. An in-principle approval IPA letter is issued with a double leaf visa stamped page and is sent to you by your college. They will then conduct an ECG, Chest X-ray and a blood test for HIV from their approved hospital. The report is ready the same afternoon and you present it to the ICA the next morning. You get your Visit pass and Student pass; two cards that signify that you are now officially granted student resident status.